Tuesday, November 13, 2007

An Illness with no cure

One illness that is hard to care for is Home Sickness. Once again I am feeling it. Maybe it's the time of year, and I am realizing I've lived in the Okanagan for a little over one year now. It is beautiful here, lovely lakes, mountains, hiking trails. The heat in the summer was challenging, but awesome. Fall is colourful, and

I look forward to the powdery snow, but not the bone chilling aches, or the heart throbs of longing for my home.

I miss the the waves of the ocean crashing in my ears, I find myself yearning for the salty stench of the ocean on a low tide day. Tides so far out, that the rotting seaweed smells so strong you can taste it, but it's wonderful.
Windy days that create monstrous waves forcing The City to barricade the road. Seagulls attacking innocent tourists trying to feed the "birds", thinking they're doing them a favour. Jumping, and galloping dogs chasing after their frisbees in the ocean side dog park.
I miss my friends, plain and simple. I even miss my job. I must have a fever, a cold sweat, someone take my temperature, take care of me. Cure my Home Sickness... take me home.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Ben Hearsum said...

Hey Tanya!

Meant to shoot you a message sooner, but I've been busy. Send me an e-mail and we can catch up a bit (bhearsum@wittydomain.com).

Talk to ya soon!
- Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home