Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Scent of a Pumpkin

I was walking outside tonight, a cool winter stroll down a quiet street. When I smelled an odd scent similar to pumpkins, yet with a touch of mold combined with wet leaves, frost and raccoon feces. I look up and to my left. Perched are 2 pumpkins on a porch, rotting away. Yet I was drawn to the smell, oddly enough! I sniffed and sniffed and sniffed it. Let the aroma saturate itself in my nasal cavity. Taking it all in. Oh it is moldy pumpkin I smell! I cried aloud, awakening the owner of this moldy orange squash! She kicked me off her deck, to have me fall into a pile of... that's right... raccoon feces! Quite a large pile, for an animal so small, containing pieces of berries, leaves, and other people's garbage. I ran away on foot only to be startled by this fuzzy cat like creature, stretching it's paw out at me. He reminded me of a blue muppet, with a crooked nose! Phew it is just a cat, must've been the shadows playing tricks on my mind. I scurried back to my place or origin. But only after I snuck back to take a picture of this nasty pumpkin wasting away in the early stages of decay....


3 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger cher said...

you should see that pumpkin now!! it's like a science expierement!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger twolf1920 said...

"Cher and the Moldy Pumpkin"-thats the new blog name Cer!

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have been a writer Tanya

Maaaaaaaaaaam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home